There are lots of ways to connect a mobile or a digital device with the computer and the most popular and most used method is to connect them using USB cable.
The USB connector is the most important part of a mobile, as using the USB connector you can recharge your mobile or copy content directly from computer to mobile or vice-versa.
However, the USB connector that we are using at present is not so much user friendly and you might have experienced some incidental damages on USB port or USB cable due to the wrong input method opted in a hurry.
But now “No worries”!!! The new Next Gen USB connector called Type-C is ready to be introduced in the market and it will be available for all devices by Mid 2014.
The next Gen USB Type-C connector will be similar to existing USB 2.0 Micro-B connector and will be reversible. It means you can insert the connector in Mobile USB by any side and you don’t need to check the right position of connector to insert them in mobile.
The USB 3.0 Promoter Group didn’t release any pictures of new next Gen USB Type-C connector but rumors says that it would be similar to the apple USB connector as shown in the image below.
Next Gen USB Type-C Connector and USB cable feature:
- An entirely new design tailored to work well with emerging product designs.
- New smaller size – similar in size to the existing USB 2.0 Micro-B.
- Usability enhancements – users will no longer need to be concerned with plug orientation/cable direction, making it easier to plug in.
- The Next Gen Type-C connector and cable will support scalable power charging.
- Scalability – the connector design will scale for future USB bus performance.
But Hey ! …. Don’t get too excited. The sad news is that your device will not be supported by this new next Gen type of connector (Type-C). Only new devices will support Type-C connector and that means your present USB connector will become obsolete in coming days.
So, Are you ready to kick out your old one with new next Gen USB 3.0 Type-C connector ? Do let us know !